Our Souks and Sahara package is perfect for those who wish to experience the stunningly beautiful desert region with the excitement of Marrakech.
Activity code: MORSB04
Duration: 4/5 Days
This short break in Morocco includes staying in one of our favourite riads in Marrakech, (e.g. Riad el Zohar, Ksar Anika, Riad Les Trois Mages or Riad Hikaya) plus the highlight of the holiday, an incredible journey to the south of Morocco through the High Atlas Mountains and down the dramatic Draa Valley all the way to the Sahara. With our many years of experience putting together practical and interesting itineraries for our clients we would like to recommend this short break for you to make the most of your brief time in this fascinating country.
Highlights of your Souks & Sahara break:
- Marrakech has much to offer the visitor - the historic and labyrinthine Medina, the majesty of the Palaces, the tranquility of its many gardens and the sophistication of its more modern boulevards and cafes. Today, Marrakech has become a thriving metropolis with chic night spots, top restaurants and a very modern atmosphere in places. All of which emphasises the immense historical context of the Medina and its focal point, the Djemma el Fna.
- The Sahara seems such a long way away that it would not seem possible to get there and back in two days from Marrakech but with Rediscover the World a visit to the real desert of Morocco's deep south is a reality. The nearest section of the Sahara is just a little bit south of Zagora at Erg Lihoudi. En route you will visit the famous (from its film appearances) Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou and the potteries at Tamegroute. A ride through the dunes on the back of a dromedary followed by a night at a Bedouin camp will leave you with incredible and magical memories of the awesome canopy of the starlit heavens and the peacefulness and tranquility of the desert.
- Whenever you wish to fit it into your schedule we also have one of our regular guides available to provide a half-day city tour of the historic sights including the famous souks of Marrakech.
- Naturally, all transport is included in this short break and you round off your special break with a memorable evening at one of Marrakech's finest restaurants.
What's included in your short break:
- Private airport transfers.
- 2/3nts on BB at a choice of riads (e.g. Ksar Anika, Riad el Zohar, Riad Hikaya, Riad Kniza)
- Half Day Private Guided Tour of Historic Marrakech.
- Two day, fully-inclusive desert adventure to the dunes of Erg Lihoudi by 4WD (a/c) and camel; overnight at Bedouin camp under the stars of the Sahara.
- Dinner at one of Marrakech's best restaurants.
- Guide book and map of Marrakech.
- All taxes and full 24hr local representative services.
Why book with Rediscover ?
Accommodation: the riads in this itinerary are our personal choice in each category, all of which offer quality accommodation. You may prefer a small and friendly option at a budget price or one of the luxury, more boutique properties or perhaps a deluxe hotel with lots of facilities to enjoy during your stay. (Please do not hesitate to request alternative hotels).
Transport: to take the stress out of arriving and departing we offer a private airport transfer service. This is then carried through your holiday with private transfers included to your various activity starting points.
Prices are indicative and will vary depending on your chosen accommodation, room availability as well as time of travel. Please take this into consideration when comparing prices; we always aim to match a high quality experience with exceptional value for money.
NB: Flights available to book through us with a range of airlines, from various UK airports.
Our recommended hotel choices for this holiday:
[Classic Hotel, Classic Riad, Boutique Hotel/Riad, Deluxe Hotel]
- Marrakech: - Ksar Anika, Riad Hikaya, Riad Kniza, Les Jardins de la Koutoubia
Click on the location to view our whole selection.
Contact us now to book this short break holiday for any date.