A highly recommended taster of Montenegro; stay on the beach and in the mountains in one fabulous holiday. There is so much in between, too.
Activity code: MOTW01
Duration: 8 Days
START / FINISH - Tivat Airport (or Dubrovnik on request).
Not sure where to visit in Montenegro ? As it is a relatively new destination which is beginning to develop its interior for tourism, this holiday is an introduction to both aspects of the country. At the moment the coastal resorts are more well-known but even these are quieter than nearby Croatia; the quality of the scenery throughout the whole country is simply stunning. The coast has beautiful historic towns in remarkable states of preservation such as Budva and Kotor. The mountainous interior has incredible mountain passes, beautiful national parks and a world-beating gorge at which you can experience a zip-wire 130m above the river.
We cannot recommend this holiday highly enough as it includes two of Montenegro's most fascinating locations and the scenery in between. We include all transport, a choice of stunning hotels and the opportunity to include many activities. This is a fantastic introduction to Montenegro!
Highlights of our Montenegro Twin Centre Holiday
- BUDVA - Budva is located half way along the short but spectacular coastline of Montenegro; it is rich in historic monuments - the Old Town lies on a small peninsula and represents a treasure chest of cultural heritage - crossed with narrow streets and squares are famous buildings and many churches. During the summer months it turns into a City Theatre with numerous local performances and shows from abroad. In the Stari Grad (Old Town) you can also visit many shops, cafés, restaurants and galleries. From Budva you can easily visit Kotor.
- KOLASIN (Biogradsko National Park) - Kolasin is a small town founded by Turks in the 17th century and surrounded by the rivers Tara and Moraca. At 960m above sea level it offers excellent holiday opportunities in both winter and summer and because of its altitude and favourable climate Kolasin is considered an "air spa". A special attraction for visitors is the nearby Biogradska Gora National Park (established in 1952), one of three preserved virgin forests of Europe; the Biogradsko Lake (1094m) has many walking paths around its shores. The nearby Morača Monastery is a precious mediaeval monument, boasting famous frescoes. Also within easy reach is the Tara river canyon at the foot of the mountain massif of Durmitor, its emerald green colour, inaccessible shores and plunging depths of up to 1300m represents one of the greatest challenges for lovers of rafting and canoeing. Ask us about the incredible zip wire experience at Tara Most (Tara Bridge).
Why book with us?
Accommodation: we have personally chosen the two luxury hotels for this holiday as they offer high quality accommodation, service and excellent locations; however, you may prefer a "small and friendly" - please let us know if you'd prefer alternative accommodation.
Transport: to take the stress out of arriving and departing we offer a private airport transfer service. Private transfers with our trusted drivers are also available if you prefer not to drive on this holiday.
What's included in your Montenegro Twin Centre holiday?
- 7 nights accommodation on Bed & Breakfast basis in Budva / HB in Kolasin.
- Private round trip airport transfers
- 4 days inclusive car hire with delivery collection at your hotel in Budva
- All local taxes.
- full 24 hour representative services.
Flights are available to book through us with a wide range of airlines, from various UK airports. If we book your flights this means that your holiday will be fully ATOL protected.
We recommend the following accommodation on this holiday:
- Budva - Hotel Avala Resort & Villas
- Kolasin - Hotel Bianca Resort & Spa
Contact us to book this recommended holiday for any dates.