About Kasbah Angour
Kasbah Angour is a gorgeous boutique hotel & restaurant in a Berber castle in the Atlas Mountains near Marrakech. The Kasbah is perched on a hill-top and has superb panoramic views. There are 25 rooms & suites, spacious public areas, a wonderful swimming pool and beautiful gardens. Guests at Kasbah Angour can unwind in the hotel’s gardens, explore the Atlas Mountains with a guide or visit Marrakech, just 30 mins drive away.
HISTORY: Kasbah Angour was established by an Englishman, Paul Foulsham, who first visited Morocco in 1986 and immediately became fascinated by the country. In 2003, Paul decided that visitors arriving in Marrakech needed the opportunity to stay in a hotel in the stunning Atlas Mountains near to the city. He was lucky to find a glorious hill-top site and capable local craftsmen to help fulfil his vision. The hotel opened in March 2011 and Paul continues to be the resident owner/manager. The team running the hotel comprises Moroccan Berbers drawn from the local villages. The Berbers are hard working and kind people and this is reflected in service at Kasbah Angour. The underlying ethos is to show guests the best of Morocco.
This hotel is available as part of any tailor made holiday with Rediscover the World.
Accommodation: Kasbah Angour is a boutique hotel with 25 rooms & suites, beautifully designed with traditional Moroccan materials with some modern touches such as under-floor heating and air conditioning (all rooms are non-smoking). There are four categories.
Facilities: the restuarant offers Moroccan and Mediterranean specialities using fresh local seasonal produce. For much of the year, guests can dine outside with stunning views of the summits of the mountains. Kasbah Angour is licenced and offers a good selection of local beers, fine Moroccan wines & spirits.
Swimming Pool - set in the southern gardens and benefits from the views to the summits of the mountains. As the pool is not heated, the best months for swimming are April to October.
Gardens - Kasbah Angour has 10 acres of gardens to enjoy. They contain an wonderful mix of plants and trees, including native mountain species. There are many different areas to explore. The southern gardens are planted with flower beds, trees & lawn. There are extensive terraces where you can enjoy the sunshine. You can stroll across the lawn and enjoy the delightful vistas. The northern side of the Kasbah has formal gardens, with rose and other flower beds, low hedges and fruit trees. There is a wonderful courtyard bordered by a pergola for al fresco dining. Don't forget the herb and vegetable garden to the north-east of the Kasbah.
Activities for families include:
* Half day walk with a guide, starting & finishing at the Kasbah, to discover the local Berber villages
* Guided day trip to Imlil with 3 hour mule trek & visit to waterfalls
* Half day trip to outdoor adventure park (cross canyon zip-wiring, treetop aerial walkways, etc) a short walk from the Kasbah
* Half day mountain bike discovery of the Toubkal National Park next to the Kasbah
* 4×4 adventure day in the heart of the Atlas Mountains
* Short camel ride at nearby riverside location with spectacular Atlas Mountain views
* Cooking Berber bread & biscuits with the Kasbah Angour pastry chef
* Day at outdoor aqua park, pools and slides (25 mins drive from the Kasbah)
* Day excursion by car to the Sidi Fares villages (altitude of 1,800m) with walk through the villages & part-way along the river
* Enjoy our swimming pool and play in the large gardens
* Play table tennis or a board game
Transfer Time from Airport:
50-60 minutes hour (private transfer from Marrakech airport)
"We loved the holiday, unfortunately we hit very bad weather and one part of the trip had to be abandoned, however the local agents handled it very well and made all the arrangements for a very luxurious alternative. We found all the local people, from the Riad owners to the car drivers, to be exceptional and most helpful. Riad El Zohar is a real gem and just perfect for a taste of Marrakech. We were very impressed with the whole organisation, thank you."
R Butcher, UK, December 2014