Riad el Zohar is situated in the heart of Marrakech’s historic Medina, with a beautiful plunge pool in its central courtyard. The house is in a traditional Riad layout, with the building itself surrounding a central outdoor space where guests can take a dip and cool down in Marrakech’s soaring temperatures.
The Riad el Zohar, home to an artist and writer, has been lovingly restored, keeping original features such as the intricately painted living room ceiling, the balconied look on to a central patio with swimming pool and orange tree, and a roof terrace complete with both a Berber tent and a sundeck from which to watch the sun set over the snow-capped Atlas mountains.
This riad is available as part of any tailor made holiday with Rediscover the World.
Accommodation: there are five double en suite bedrooms (two can be twin); each individually decorated with a mixture of high quality Moroccan and antique French furniture. Each bathroom is decorated in a Moroccan style with rich traditional tadlakt colours, mosaic and beaten copper sinks. A perfect place for those looking to step into an authentic Moroccan home, offering a taste of Moroccan life; these exotic rooms are designed to provide a welcoming atmosphere right in the heart of the ancient medina.
Beautifully restored from a classic Moroccan home into a luxury hotel, all rooms adhere to an extremely high standard with Reversible Aircon in each room that cools in the summer and heats in the winter. All rooms have en suite bathroom, hairdryer, shaving point in bathrooms, plush bathrobes, luxurious white towels [pool towels are found beside the pool], full toiletries selection, guide to Marrakech.
- Tallilit Room (1st floor landing); its large picture windows open onto the balcony & have heavy wooden shutters. It has a standard double four poster bed. This room can take a supplementary bed. It has an ensuite bathroom & is decorated with Tadelakt, the Moroccan polished plaster.
- Dades Room (ground floor); can be set as twin beds or a king size. This room can also take a supplementary bed. It has an ensuite bathroom and is decorated with Tadelakt.
- Ourika Room (1st floor balcony). has a standard double four poster bed. This room has a large comfortable couchette which is often used as a supplementary bed so is either a double room, a twin room or a triple room. It has walk in wardrobes behind the bed, ensuite bathroom and is decorated with Tadelakt.
- Draa Room (ground floor); has a standard double four poster bed. This room can take a supplementary bed. It is decorated with Tadelakt. The large ensuite bathroom features a beautiful rain shower.
- Moulouya Room (1st floor balcony); has simple uncluttered decor, the light & airy room is decorated with Tadelakt, has an ensuite bathroom & features a standard size double bed. Lovely room, very popular.
Facilities: the Riad el Zohar has an excellent roof terrace with 360 degree panoramic views of Marrakech Medina and the High Atlas beyond; they offer fine cuisine on request - you can dine in the beautiful central courtyard, in one of the two saloons or on the roof terrace; there is free wi-fi internet access.
A morning of informal cookery lesson starting with a trip to the markets to buy meat or fish, fresh vegetables, spices, olives & preserved lemons. Next in the well appointed & spacious kitchen you receive have hands on tuition for preparation of two courses for a Moroccan meal - two starter dishes with usually Tagine as the main course, but it could be Couscous, it is your choice of dish & menu. The meal is usually eaten as a candle lit dinner in the riad but can be lunch if preferred.
Transfer Time from Airport:
- 20 minutes (private transfer).
Contact us now to book this recommended riad for any dates.
- Small & Friendly
- <10 rooms
- Plunge pool
- Ideal for couples
- Ideal for walking
- Ideal for fly drives