The Riad ZamZam is located in the northern part of Marrakech Medina. The riad is entered through a doorway at the end of one of the Medina’s little lanes. Inside, the vaulted entrance leads you into the open-air courtyard dominated by the ancient palm. This wonderful intimate riad offers free wifi, a Moroccan-style décor and a rooftop terrace with sunbeds and mountain views.
This riad is available as part of any tailor made holiday with Rediscover the World.
Accommodation: Riad ZamZam offers seven rooms and suites over two floors; each room has been decorated in an individual style. Stylish French and Moroccan antiques furnish the bedrooms together with hand woven berber carpets and artifacts sourced locally.
All seven bedrooms (4 rooms, 3 suites) feature sculpted ceilings and a seating area, dressing table and king size bed. The marble bathrooms are wonderfully crafted with luxury towels and organic products. Rooms also feature air-conditioning, de-mist mirrors, safes, wifi, mp3 docking stations and fruit/water. A feature of all the rooms is the stunning lighting created by one of Morocco’s top designers.
- Hagar Room - This room is on the ground floor, leading onto the courtyard. This pretty lavender room has a mix of African and French antiques, finished with beautiful Berber carpets. This room leads onto a white marble and lavender tadelakt bathroom with walk in shower.
- Harem Room - This room is magical and romantic. It is a warm yellow with fiery furnishings with an open bathroom with and separate toilet. At one end there is a pretty window and a king sized bed. The Moroccan lights in this room are exceptional.
- Ismail Room - Can be twinned with the Isaac Room to provide a family suite of two bedrooms. The Ismail looks onto the first floor terrace. It is decorated in cool, beige and pink tones. It has a soft cream marble and beige tadelakt bathroom with shower.
- Isaac Room – located on the first floor. A pretty soft beige and gold room with en-suite orange and black marble bathroom, including shower. This room can either be a king or a twin.
- Berber Suite - this stunning suite on the first floor is decorated in soft pistachio tadelakt, with pretty hand made tiles. Two windows with views over the palm, make this room light and calming. The bathroom is in matching pistachio tadelakt and yellow marble; it has a curved bath with shower and high vaulted ceilings. This room can either be a king or a twin.
- Rose Suite - This spacious suite is located on the ground floor and is great for those wanting easy access. The Rose has a beautifully relaxed feel in beige and cream tones. This suite can have a king bed or twin beds. It has a sitting area with beautiful antique chairs. The large bathroom is decorated in rose marble and brown tadelakt and features a rose marble sit down bath for two and double sinks.
- Palm Suite - Master suite decorated in golds, black and burgundy. Large living area; the suite is situated to look directly at the palm from its own cedar wood balcony. The balcony has been carefully hand crafted by Moroccan joiners. It is a lavish suite with beautiful antique furnishings. The Palm Suite is fitted with satellite TV. The en-suite bathroom is red marble and sand coloured tadelakt with its own walk in red marble shower room. The Palm Suite can either have a king bed or twin beds.
Facilities: the salon, with its magnificent fireplace, an ideal place to sip a cocktail before leaving for dinner, or dining inside in the cooler months with the roaring fire. There are a number of common areas, including the courtyard shaded by the palm, which are wonderful for breakfast, writing, reading or playing games. A continental breakfast can be enjoyed every morning on the patio or on the rooftop terrace. Moroccan meals can also be served on request.
Riad Zamzam has a hammam on site; massage treatments and cookery lessons can be arranged at an extra cost. Other riad facilities include a pool (heated in the winter), Moroccan Spa with hammam, wi-fi, ipod docks and concierge service.
Transfer Time from Airport:
- 20 minutes (private transfer).
Contact us now to book this recommended riad for any dates.
- <10 rooms
- Plunge pool
- Cookery classes
- Family rooms available
- Ideal for families
- Ideal for couples
- Ideal for walking
- Ideal for fly drives