Your privacy is important to Rediscover the World Ltd. (Rediscover). The purpose of this policy is to outline how Rediscover has established measures to protect your privacy and information rights.
We recognise that you have rights as a ‘data subject’, and that we have an obligation to uphold these. This privacy notice aims to outline how we maintain these rights. In particular, it outlines:
• How we collect and process your information
• Why we do this
• How you can exercise your rights;
• Who to contact in the event you’re unhappy with our performance.
Depending on why we have collected your information, your information rights could include:
1. Right to be informed
This encompasses the obligation for us to be transparent in how we collect and use your personal data.
2. Right of access
You have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information.
3. Right to rectification
If the information we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request we correct this.
4. Right to erasure
You can request we delete or remove personal data where there is no compelling reason for us to continue processing.
5. Right to restrict processing
You have the right to request we cease processing your data, if:
• You consider it inaccurate or incomplete;
• Where you object to processing and we are considering whether we still have a legitimate interest to process it.
• Where we don’t need the data for the original reason we collected it, but may need it to support a legal claim.
6. Right to data portability
Where you have consented to our processing your data, or where the processing is necessary for us to deliver a contract, you can request a copy of that data be provided to a third party in electronic form.
7. Right to object
You have the right to object to our processing under certain circumstances. For example, you can object to:
• direct marketing (including profiling); and
• processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
8. Rights relating to automated decision making including profiling. Where we apply automated decision making, we must
• give you information about the processing;
• introduce simple ways for you to request human intervention or challenge a decision;
• carry out regular checks to make sure that our systems are working as intended
Information related to automated decision making is contained later in this notice.
Information we collect
Please find below a summary of the information we collect and how we use this to deliver services to you.
Information we collect
Why we collect this
Rediscover will not disclose your information to any third party.
How we process this
Transfer of data
Rediscover may disclose some of your personal information in the provision of holiday arrangements such as to hotels and our local handling agents as well as to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Retention of data
Rediscover the World Ltd retains information for seven (7) years from our point of last contact. We hold this information to support our legal and regulatory requirements. If you object to this retention, please contact us – details provided in the ‘Contact’ section.
Securing your information
Your information is held securely in either locked filing cabinets and within password protected and firewalled databases at our main office and back-office servers.
Rediscover will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We recognise that you may have questions on how we process and/or store your data, or may want to change either the data we hold on you or how we communicate with you in the future.
If you have given consent for processing, you are free to withdraw that consent. To let us know this is the case please contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) - details below.
If you have any questions in respect of this notice, or would like to exercise your rights as a data subject (for example, to correct data or to exercise your right to access):
• Rediscover the World Ltd, as data controller, can be contacted as follows:
• DPO (Andy Scase) can be contacted as follows:
• If you are unhappy that we have not responded to your query adequately, of if you have a further complaint, The Information Commissioner’s Office can be contacted on