This day break takes place in an uncommercialised area of Finnish Lapland.
Duration: 1 Day
Imagine spending the day in Santa's kingdom and still being back home in time for bed - children are sure to sleep soundly after such an exhilarating day!
The Winter Wonderland day trip takes place in a vast snow-covered wilderness, a million miles from overcrowded and over-commercialised Lapland destinations. Upon arrival at the airport, you will be met by your Transun Representative and whisked through snowy forests and past frozen lakes to a scenic winter wonderland. Put your thermal suit and boots on and head into the snow for an action-packed day.
There’s a chance to sample a range of winter experiences that are guaranteed to get you in the Christmas spirit. Whizz along on a sled pulled by energetic huskies or be soothed by the gentle padding of reindeer as they guide your sleigh over the frozen tundra. Your trip also offers the chance to experience a snowmobile trip - adults with a full UK driving licence have the opportunity to drive through the silent snowscapes (children are pulled in a sleigh behind the guide's snowmobile). Warm up around a crackling log fire or in the restaurant with a buffet lunch.
And of course, the highlight of the day, each family will get to meet Santa in his log cabin, deep in the woods. Share your Christmas wishes with him during a private family encounter. And there’s ample time for trying out tobogganing or even enjoying a friendly snowball fight during the day - great fun for all the family. All major activities take place on a frozen lake or river.
The day trip price includes the protective warmth of a thermal suit and boots but we always recommend that you bring additional scarves, hat and gloves.
What's Included on your Winter Wonderland Day Trip:
- Return flights with hot meals on board
- Loan of thermal suits and boots
- Taster husky experience
- Taster snowmobile adventure
- Taster reindeer sleigh ride
- Private family meeting with Santa
- Small gift for children
- Warming lunch
- All taxes and Government air passenger duty
The Important Bits !
- All the trips we offer to Lapland are fully protected by ATOL and the operators' ABTA as well as with us - we are fully protected by the Travel Trust Association (T6816).
- We have chosen to offer only non-commercialised trips to Lapland. We have found over the years that the trips offered by some of the larger non-specialist tour operators are busier and more commercialised and, in our opinion, this is not the experience that our customers are looking for.
- Our Lapland Manager started escorting trips to see Santa in 1993 & has been many times to various parts of Lapland. We are confident that she is the most experienced Lapland consultant around. Please contact Dawn for impartial and knowledgeable advice prior to making your booking with us.
- Dawn has also compiled a list of Hints and Tips, which will be sent out with every booking.
It's Easy to Book.
Contact us to check latest availability and special offers and we will provide an up-to-date quote. Then if you wish to proceed we will need names as per passports, dates of birth for all and contact details for the lead traveller together with a deposit of £200 per person; all of which can be done over the phone or via our secure online payment page (powered by WorldPay).
Full payment required if within 10 weeks of travel date.
We also offer an easy payment facility whereby you can pay off a little here and there during the year in as many payments as you wish, as long as the trip is paid off by the due date. Some of our customers prefer to do it this way; others prefer to pay it off in one go when the balance is due - it's entirely up to you!