The Santa's Star Arctic Hotel was built in 2017 and is located at the top of the fell in Saariselkä. This luxury hotel is the perfect spot from which to view the Northern Lights from the comfort of your accommodation. All suites are duplex with a large glass window looking out over the main village. With high standard accommodation and modern elegance this hotel is perfect for families who want to experience Lapland in style. You even have the option to stay in a Glass Cabin!
All rooms are appointed with large windows that face to the North to make the most of the spectacular landscape and Northern Lights, if you are lucky. All rooms have separate toilets, shower facilities, free wifi, electric kettle, a flatscreen TV, small refrigerator and small safe. The deluxe room also features a fireplace and separate sauna. To get the best view of the Northern Lights and overlooking landscape, all rooms have a duplex structure with large glass windows. On the upper floors there are two single beds or a double bed. On the lower floors there is also a sofa bed suitable for two people. The Star Arctic Hotel offers a innovative glass igloo.
There is a main building with reception and restaurant, whilst all bedrooms are located just a short walk from the main building.
- Public Sauna, with large glass windows
- Superb location to view the Northern Lights and surrounding landscape
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- Half board option includes excellent 3 course buffet style evening meals.
- Use of toboggans (local charges may apply)
The hotel is situated approximately 1.5km from the main village, which can be reached by public transport. The toboggan run and viewing station for the Northern Lights are just minutes away.
- Type A Scenic View Suite, sleeps 2-4 - twin or double bed on the upper floor (and windows facing north for the Northern Lights) and a sofa-bed for up to two children on the lower floor (with a large window facing south). The lounge picture window overlooks the forest and Saariselkä in the distance. Shower, WC, hairdryer, TV, minibar, tea and coffee making facilities, slippers, safety deposit box & wifi.
- Type B Glass Cabin, sleeps 2-4 - double bed and two small beds (suitable for children under 13) that are located each side of the double and located under an innovative glass cabin for viewing the night sky and the Northern Lights. Shower, WC, hairdryer, TV, minibar, tea and coffee making facilities, slippers, safety deposit box & wifi.
- Type C Scenic View Suites, sleep 4 - large suites which include private sauna, small kitchenette with dining table and chairs, and twin beds and double sofa-bed. The large picture windows have fantastic views over the forest and the twinkling lights of Saariselkä in the distance. The sofa bed is larger than the type A rooms and can sleep 2 adults. Shower, WC, hairdryer, TV, minibar, tea and coffee making facilities, slippers, safety deposit box & wifi.
- Type C Scenic View Suites, sleep 5 - some scenic suites have an put-up bed for a child aged 11 or under.
- 21-50 rooms
- Ideal for families