Fantastic variety of scenery from the Tassa Ouirgane Park in the west, hiking through valleys, passes & Berber Villages en route to Mount Toubkal.
START / FINISH - Marrakech.
Activity code: ITCTTM14m
Difficulty: GRADE TWO - Between easy and moderate, hiking mostly along zig-zagging mules tracks at upper valley levels for about 6 hours each day. The actual summit climb is non-technical but can be hard going. Good boots are essential. Suitable for anyone who leads a reasonably active life as hiking always involves some effort. Full support team.
Duration: 7 Days Trek ONLY / 10 Days Holiday version
This particular route is a wonderful cross-section of the variety of landscapes the High Atlas has to offer, from the stunning new lake at Ouirgane, through the Tassa Ouirgane National Park and across remote valleys and quiet Berber villages towards Mount Toubkal. This trek also includes the incredible path through the Tizi n'Tadat prior to arriving at the Toubkal Refuge.
Full Holiday version also includes:
- Round trip airport transfers (Marrakech)
- 2 nights on B&B at the fabulous Ksar Anika or a choice of riads in Marrakech
- 1 night on Half Board at the Douar Samra in the hamlet of Tamatert (near Imlil)
- Private guided city tour of Marrakech (half day)
The months from December through to mid-April could possibly preclude the Toubkal summit climb due to sudden, heavy snowfalls. We shall advise you of adverse climatic conditions and an alternate nearby peak to climb, such as Jbel Aguelzim (3547m), prior to your setting out from Marrakech
PRICES - most of our holidays are bespoke so the ultimate cost of each trek is based upon:
- The number of people in your group
- Where you are starting from and to where you wish to travel at the end of the hike;
- Whether you are including any accommodation (e.g. in Imlil or Marrakech)
- Extras such as WC tent, etc.
All our "from" prices are for a private group of 4 persons; if you are a larger group then the price will be discounted but if there were just 2 persons the cost would be slightly higher. The prices are inclusive for land arrangements only (starting and finishing in Marrakech), please contact us to arrange accommodation in Marrakech or Imlil as well as flights from your preferred airport.
MEALS - examples of food & drink during trekking:
- Breakfast - tea, coffee, milk, bread, butter, jam, cheese plus porridge in the winter and cereal in summer.
- Picnic lunch - fresh Moroccan salad, cheese, slicing sausage, tinned tuna fish and sardines, bread, fruit, mint tea.
- Dinner - Tajine (chicken or mutton with vegetables), spaghetti, cous cous (main courses rotate depending on duration of trek), bread, coffee, tea, cake, fruit.
It is recommended that you bring (depending upon season): good walking boots; sleeping bag (3 seasons); waterproofs and fleece/duvet jackets, hats, balaclavas or ear muffs; gloves; rambler or ski pole; personal toiletries; small First Aid kit, thermal underwear (Dec-May); day pack; filled water bottles; torch and batteries (LED head torches are excellent), penknife (remember not to pack in hand baggage for flight); towel, sunscreen, insect repellent, hygienic wipes, nibbles and/or dried fruit. Drinking chocolate if preferred to tea and coffee, camping mug (otherwise it is small Moroccan tea glasses for everything), energy sweets and toilet rolls could come in handy!