Our most popular Toubkal Summit Trek - includes 3 days acclimatisation in the quiet valleys & Berber villages to the west of Imlil.
START / FINISH - Marrakech.
Activity code: ITCTTM04m
Difficulty: GRADE TWO: - Between easy and moderate, hiking mostly along zig-zagging mules tracks at upper valley levels for about 6 hours each day. The actual summit climb is non-technical but can be hard going. Good boots are essential. Suitable for anyone who leads a reasonably active life as hiking always involves some effort. Full support team.
Duration: 4/5 Days Trek ONLY / 8 Days Holiday version
This is our recommended trek to the summit of Mount Toubkal. We believe that climbing North Africa's highest peak deserves something a little different from the basic "up and down" trekking route. Our Toubkal & Berber Villages trek includes three wonderful days hiking in the quiet valleys west of Imlil, providing good acclimatisation and fantastic scenery.
Full Holiday version also includes:
- Round trip airport transfers (Marrakech)
- 2 nights on BB at a choice of riads in Marrakech
- 1 night on HB at the Douar Samra in the hamlet of Tamatert (near Imlil)
- Private guided city tour of Marrakech
You may wish to consider splitting day 4 into two days walking by camping a little distance below the refuge for this night followed by the remainder of the descent to Imlil on day 5.
The months from December through to mid-April could possibly preclude the Toubkal summit climb due to sudden, heavy snowfalls. We shall advise you of adverse climatic conditions and an alternate nearby peak to climb, such as Jbel Aguelzim (3547m), prior to your setting out from Marrakech
PRICES - most of our holidays are bespoke so the ultimate cost of each trek is based upon:
- The number of people in your group
- Where you are starting from and to where you wish to travel at the end of the hike;
- Whether you are including any accommodation (e.g. in Imlil or Marrakech)
- Extras such as WC tent, etc.
All our "from" prices are for a private group of 4 persons; if you are a larger group then the price will be discounted but if there were just 2 persons the cost would be slightly higher. The prices are inclusive for land arrangements only (starting and finishing in Marrakech), please contact us to arrange accommodation in Marrakech or Imlil as well as flights from your preferred airport.
MEALS - examples of food & drink during trekking:
- Breakfast - tea, coffee, milk, bread, butter, jam, cheese plus porridge in the winter and cereal in summer.
- Picnic lunch - fresh Moroccan salad, cheese, slicing sausage, tinned tuna fish and sardines, bread, fruit, mint tea.
- Dinner - Tajine (chicken or mutton with vegetables), spaghetti, cous cous (main courses rotate depending on duration of trek), bread, coffee, tea, cake, fruit.
It is recommended that you bring (depending upon season): good walking boots; sleeping bag (3 seasons); waterproofs and fleece/duvet jackets, hats, balaclavas or ear muffs; gloves; rambler or ski pole; personal toiletries; small First Aid kit, thermal underwear (Dec-May); day pack; filled water bottles; torch and batteries (LED head torches are excellent), penknife (remember not to pack in hand baggage for flight); towel, sunscreen, insect repellent, hygienic wipes, nibbles and/or dried fruit. Drinking chocolate if preferred to tea and coffee, camping mug (otherwise it is small Moroccan tea glasses for everything), energy sweets and toilet rolls could come in handy!