The Cattaro Hotel was opened on 13th July, 2006, which was also Montenegro's independence day. The hotel is housed over three different city buildings: Providur’s Palace (from period when Venetians were in charge of this part of Adriatic coast, until 1806.), Town Guard and Napoleon’s Theatre (which was build in 1810). The interior of the hotel appears as if you have entered into 18th century buildings or even an ocean going vessel of the period, with portraits of old captains and pictures of old sail ships and naval warfare.
Rooms are modern and elegant with many touches of luxury all in keeping with the cultural inheritance of the town and these historic buildings. Choose from Standard double/twin rooms, Deluxe Suites (two bedrooms, living room, bathroom & separate WC), Deluxe Rooms which have a balcony overlooking the main square. All rooms have wifi, LCD smart TV with a large selection of satellite channels, minibar, safe deposit box, bathrobe, slippers & hairdryer.
The Royal Restaurant consists of two parts, an inner part with a capacity of 60 seats and outside, "Napoleon’s Balcony", with a capacity of 16 seats and with probably most beautiful view of the main city square and city entrance. This is a place to sit, watch and enjoy the pleasant surroundings of the old city of Kotor.
In the summer, the town walls become an open terrace with 400 seats, which is intended for guests who want to get away from the city crowds and enjoy Italian specialities, pastries and quiet music. The "Citadella" open bar is the perfect place for a night out because unlike the old town it offers a fresher air and views of the waterfront of Kotor.
Snack bar "AS" is newly renovated and converted into a modern pub and snack bar offering guests a relaxing atmosphere and pleasant ambiance with a view of the main square.
Close to the hotel is the Maximus nightclub, one of the largest clubs in the area.
K Lister, Australia, Oct 2018
S Mitchell, UK, Sept 2017