The famous Hotel Grande Bretagne is situated just a stone’s throw from the Parliament buildings at the very heart of Athens life. This deluxe 5 star hotel successfully combines old world elegance, from its conception in 1874, with modern 21st century amenities. Many of the great and good have passed through its doors from heads of state, royalty and politicians to actors and film stars.
Accommodation: with meticulous attention to every detail, the 320 hotel rooms and suites at the Hotel Grande Bretagne marry charming old world elegance with state-of-the-art facilities. Customized with sumptuous fabrics, original artwork and a superb collection of restored antiques from Christie's and Sotheby's, each hotel room also incorporates the latest modern features such as flat screen plasma televisions and High Speed Internet Access.
- Classic Rooms: appointed with the finest furnishings including a choice of king, queen, or twin-size signature Luxury Collection beds topped off with multiple pillows and cloud-soft duvets.
- Deluxe Room: From the graceful wood desk by the window, relish an unforgettable experience enjoyed in this picturesque palace.
- Junior Suites surround you with precious antiques, sensual fabrics, and classic turn-of-the-century décor while the butler provides unsurpassed, personalized service. Junior Suites also have a flat screen television in the bathroom and courtyard views.
- Deluxe Suites offer every opportunity to live in spacious comfort and style. Lustrous chandeliers, original artwork, and antique furnishings provided by Christie's and Sotheby's strike a sophisticated note throughout. There is also a separate sitting area with armchair, & butler service.
- Grand Suites offer ample sleeping quarters that are completely secluded from the living and working area, ensuring total privacy during informal meetings or while entertaining. There are separate sitting and working areas, flat screen plasma television in the bathroom, separate walk-in closet as well as butler service.
- Grand Deluxe Suites enjoy unrivalled views of the Acropolis, the Parthenon and Syntagma Square. As the Grand Suite they have spacious separate sitting and working areas, steam shower in both bathrooms, flat screen plasma television in both bathrooms & butler service.
- Executive Grand Suites - located on the 6th and 7th floor of the hotel; both feature exquisite detailing such as heavy silks and damasks in refined shades of cream and taupe, magnificently trimmed draperies, sparkling chandeliers, and select antique furnishings from Christie's and Sotheby's. All of this regal opulence is distinguished even further by the additional pleasure of private outdoor space.
- Presidential Suite the moment you enter the grand foyer of the 200-square-meter Presidential Suite the hustle and bustle of daily life fade away in the face of its timeless elegance. Classically-inspired décor is evident everywhere-graceful panel molding on the walls, symmetrical inlay in the polished wood floors, decorative columns flanking the entrance to the dining room, and dramatic oval ceiling panels that offset the crystal chandeliers twinkling in their centre.
- Royal Suite Located on the fifth floor of the Hotel Grande Bretagne, the sprawling one-bedroom, two-bathroom Royal Suite encompasses over 400 magnificent square meters, while its many windows frame iconic views of Athens, including Syntagma Square, the Acropolis, the Parliament and Lycabettus Hill.
Facilities:Hotel Grande Bretagne entices with some of the most extraordinary and enjoyable gastronomic experiences in Athens. Explore the GB Roof Garden Restaurant and Bar with views of the majestic Acropolis. Trigger your taste-buds at the perennially glamorous GB Corner Restaurant with its authentic Greek cuisine. Relax at the Winter Garden City Lounge whilst experiencing the renowned high tea with champagne and enjoy inspired cocktails at the fabled Alexander’s Bar.
Experience luxury in the most up to date cigar bar in Athens. Alexander's Cigar Lounge is a sophisticated space located in the inner garden of the Hotel Grande Bretagne and offers an ideal setting for enjoying fine cigars, wines, liquors, coffee or tea with a friendly and discreet service.
Created for exquisite private tastings and once-in-a-lifetime gatherings; The Cellar and its impressive 3,000 bottles of wine is an oenophile's dream-come-true. Warm wood, exposed brick and 17th century furniture toast the warmth of its welcome.
Located on the 7th floor, the tranquil rooftop Pool Bar offers magnificent views of Lycabettus Hill and an illuminated Athens below. Decorated with pergolas and aromatic plants, this is an ideal spot to enjoy a refreshing drink or light snack.
GB Spa – Beauty & Health Spa at the heart of the Hotel Grande Bretagne, the GB Spa, delights the most discerning spa user with a fresh innovative approach to total well being. From ancient holistic rituals to the finest modern skin care, every regimen promises to indulge, soothe, and transform. Select through a opulent variety of signature treatments and massages for a transcendental experience devoted to pampering and restoration.
The hotel gym is extensive. Expert personal trainers are available to help optimize your current fitness routine or customize a new regimen. The indoor pool area welcomes you with its tranquil ambience. An infusion of Aegean hues and sleek design set a contemporary tone, that still manages to evoke the classic feeling of the ancient baths of Rome. Heated to the perfect temperature year round, the deep turquoise water of the 13 meters-in-length indoor swimming pool reflects beautifully off of the white marble walls and flooring.
Located on the 7th floor, the outdoor rooftop pool provides a cool respite from Athens' summer sun. With picture-perfect backdrops of Lycabettus Hill, it's hard to determine which is more gratifying: the refreshing water or the uplifting views. Pool open April - October.
- >50 rooms
- Family rooms available
- Ideal for families
- Ideal for couples